How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Day to day operation and maintenance of BDBiosciences FACSArias, BDBiosciences Fortessa, Millipore Muse and Sony Synergy flow cytometers. Inventory management of BSRB location. Oversight of BSRB Location. Training of users on cytometric platforms. Implementation and oversight of new documentable QC program throughout core.
- Perform research flow cytometric analysis and sorting
- Keep accurate records of all work performed
- Consult with research staff as needed.
- Responsible for equipment maintenance and troubleshooting
- Perform quality control procedures
- Assist in the development and improvement of procedures
- Train user base on operations of instruments
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures
- Participate in implementation of a QC program
- Assist users with Assay Development
- Lecture in Custom Flow Courses as Required
- Day to day operation and maintenance of BDBiosciences FACSArias, BDBiosciences Fortessa, Millipore Muse and Sony Synergy flow cytometers.
- Inventory management of BSRB location.
- Oversight of BSRB Location.
- Training of users on cytometric platforms.
- Implementation and oversight of new documentable QC program throughout core.
- Bachelors degree in biological/physical sciences.
- Minimum of 4 yrs experience in flow cytometry operations.
- Must be proficient in the operation/maintenance of flow cytometry instrumentation and software.
- Must be able to work independently and possess strong computer skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with diverse
- Flow Core clientele and be willing to collaborate with scientists in the development of experimental protocols and data interpretation.
- Must be willing to learn new technologies associated with flow cytometry and develop expertise to assist with associated assay development.
- Proficiency in multiple cytometric platforms.
- Willingness to learn new technologies associated with flow cytometry (ex. commercial Drop Seq) and develop expertise to assist with associated assay development.
- Willingness to troubleshoot and repair hardware issues with instrumentation.
M-F, 9:00 Am - 5:00PM
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.