We, the staff and faculty of the Frankel Cardiovascular Center (FCVC) team, are committed to advancing medicine and serving humanity through living and teaching our core values of Respect and Compassion; Collaboration; Innovation; and Commitment to Excellence.
Each FCVC employee is expected to understand and demonstrate that in every interaction we represent our entire organization in the care we provide and in the courtesies we extend to patients, families, and each respective team member. The FCVC is dedicated to partnering with patients and families to deliver the safest and highest quality of health care.
Excellent service is an expected and integral part of the FCVC culture. To be considered for this position, a cover letter is required and should be attached as the first page with your resume. The cover letter should address each of the following points in about 50 words or less:
1. Describe your background and qualifications and why you believe you would be a good fit for this position at the FCVC.
2. Outline your service excellence skills and experiences which would be applicable to this position.
3. In your most recent position, how was service excellence emphasized?
4. Describe a situation in which a customer or colleague was upset and the steps you took to resolve the issue to a reasonable conclusion.
Purpose of Position:
Provide excellent customer service and support to the Cardiovascular Center Clinic and Call Center patients, families, providers and team members. Duties include: receive/assist patients and families, process check in and check out paperwork, collect co-pays, answer telephone calls, schedule appointments, prepare charge tickets, provide billing information and collect payments. Candidate should expect cross training on all office duties and be able to assume different roles as needed. All other duties as assigned.
Directly responsible to the Clinic Lead of the Cardiovascular Center Clinic, with functional reporting to the Clerical lead clerk.
- High School diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience is necessary.
- This position requires excellent customer service skills.
- Cheerful and energetic individual, motivated with a positive and professional attitude.
- Must be a team player with ability to take direction and communicate with peers and patients courteously and respectfully at all times.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a high volume area is necessary.
- Demonstrated effective verbal, written and information technology communication skills.
- Must be very comfortable working with computers and have a general knowledge of office practices.
- Requires flexibility in all aspects of work assignments.
- Demonstrated excellent attendance and reliability are required.
- Previous experience in a multidisciplinary outpatient clinical setting.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Communicates effectively.
- Demonstrates active listening.
- Knowledge of check-in, check-out, and outpatient scheduling utilizing the MiChart (EPIC-Cadence) system.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MiChart, Careweb, Microsoft Outlook (including chat rooms) and ability to navigate between systems.
- Previous experience on answering phones and/or call center type work.
- Experience working within a large, complex health care setting.
- Knowledge of university policies and procedures.
This position will be Monday - Friday, 9:00-5:30pm with Saturday rotation.
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.