How to Apply
Job openings are posted for a minimum of ten calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended.
NOTE: This appointment is for Spring/Summer 2017 only.
APPLICATION SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS:
The confidential review of applications will occur as they are received and will continue until the position(s) is/are filled.
In addition to applying online, applicants are requested to send the following to the Office of Human Resources – N551 LEO Lecturer, University of Michigan, School of Nursing, 400 North Ingalls, Suite 1349, Ann Arbor, MI 48109-5482 (hard copy materials) or to firstname.lastname@example.org (electronic materials).
- Cover letter
- Current curriculum vita
- Evidence of didactic and clinical teaching experience (teaching statement)
- Three (3) letters of professional recommendation
- Copy of your nursing diploma
- Copy of your nursing license in the State of Michigan is required for this position
- Any certifications
For further information regarding this position please contact Jessica at email@example.com.
The School of Nursing (UMSN), Department of Health Behavior and Biological Sciences is recruiting a nursing professional with clinical experience in Acute Care Pediatrics to teach a didactic section in course N551 – Pediatric Acute Care Advanced Management I. Course times TBD.
N551 – Pediatric Acute Care Advanced Management I
Pediatric Acute Care Advanced Management I is the first in a series of two courses. Competencies for NP advanced nursing practice are addressed. This course prepares students to address the physiologic and psychological needs of infants, children and adolescents with acute, critical, and chronic health conditions. This course builds on knowledge and skills from Pathophysiology, Pharmacology, and other courses and will help students prepare for their first clinical course (N637). Other key concepts include patient and family centered care, ethics, palliative care, end-of-life care and organ donation. Further, principles of diagnostic and therapeutic treatment modalities, such as invasive testing, interpretation of radiographs, ECG monitoring, and analysis of relevant laboratory data will be included. Students will practice procedures such as suturing, lumbar punctures and intubation in a simulation environment.
The University of Michigan is a world-class research-intensive, enriched and highly collaborative institution. The UMSN offers a full range of accredited educational programs and is consistently ranked among the top nursing schools in the country. Please visit our website at http://www.nursing.umich.edu/ for more information.
- A master of nursing degree is required.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have both didactic and clinical teaching experience.
- A nursing license in the State of Michigan is required for this position (current licensure or willingness to obtain licensure).
- Must be certified as an Acute Care Pediatric Nurse Practitioner (CPNP-AC) in the State of Michigan.
- Prior to the start date, the selected candidates must be in compliance with all health requirements.
This position is covered under the collective bargaining agreement between the U-M and the Lecturers Employee Organization, AFL-CIO, which contains and settles all matters with respect to wages, benefits, hours and other terms and conditions of employment.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.