How to Apply
Job openings are posted for a minimum of ten calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended.
NOTE: This appointment is for Spring/Summer 2017 only.
The terms and conditions of employment for this position are subject to the provisions of a Collective Bargaining Agreement between the University of Michigan and the Lecturer's Employee Organization.
APPLICATION SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS:
The confidential review of applications will occur as they are received and will continue until the position(s) is/are filled.
In addition to applying online, applicants are requested to send the following to the Office of Human Resources – N553 LEO Lecturer, University of Michigan, School of Nursing, 400 North Ingalls, Suite 1349, Ann Arbor, MI 48109-5482 (hard copy materials) or to firstname.lastname@example.org (electronic materials).
- Cover letter
- Current curriculum vita
- Evidence of didactic and clinical teaching experience (teaching statement)
- Three (3) letters of professional recommendation
- Copy of your nursing diploma
- Copy of your nursing license in the State of Michigan is required for this position
- Any certifications
For further information regarding this position please contact Jessica at email@example.com
The School of Nursing (UMSN), Department of Health Behavior and Biological Sciences is recruiting nursing professionals with clinical experience as Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioners or an Acute Care Pediatric Nurse Practitioners to teach 40 hours of laboratory time in N553 - Advanced Practice Specialty Procedures and Skills for Primary Care. This course will be run as a skills blitz with five (5) or six (6) 8-hour lab days. Specific course times TBD.
N553 – Advanced Practice Specialty Procedures and Skills for Primary Care: This course introduces the Nurse Practitioner student to the principles of advanced diagnostic and treatment modalities commonly utilized in the Nurse Practitioner role. Faculty will supervise students with hands-on practice of selected procedures specific to the patient population and practice sites related to the area of certification.
The University of Michigan is a world-class research-intensive, enriched and highly collaborative institution. The UMSN offers a full range of accredited educational programs and is consistently ranked among the top nursing schools in the country. Please visit our website at http://www.nursing.umich.edu/ for more information.
- A master of nursing degree is required.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have both didactic and clinical teaching experience and content expertise in adult-gerontology acute care nursing or acute care pediatric nursing.
- A nursing license in the State of Michigan is required for this position (current licensure or willingness to obtain licensure).
- A specialty certification in Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AG-ACNP) or certification as an Acute Care Pediatric Nurse Practitioner (ACPNP) with clinical experience in the acute care setting is required for this position.
- Prior to the start date, the selected candidates must be in compliance with all health requirements.
This position is covered under the collective bargaining agreement between the U-M and the Lecturers Employee Organization, AFL-CIO, which contains and settles all matters with respect to wages, benefits, hours and other terms and conditions of employment.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.