How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
This full time position is responsible for coordinating the technical activities and services of a home care warehouse, inventory control, distribution center or specialized preparation area and the work of designated home care staff. Also, independently performing and coordinating operational procedures in accordance with legal, regulatory, accreditation and institutional standards.
- Control amount of material on hand by supervising perpetual inventory. Responsible for annual inventory and performing periodic cycle counting. Maintain accurate, updated, and comprehensive inventory software files. Estimate commodity requirements, maintain stock levels and determine items to be stocked in the designated Home Care area.
- Responsible for product standardization.
- Prepare special and periodic financial, activity, quality assurance, or other reports as required on area operations and for projected business needs.
- Supervise daily operations by assigning/directing/approving workflow activities to facilitate quality, efficient, and economic work practices to meet department operational requirements.
- Maximize work efficiency through the use of computers and other technologies as evidenced by proficient skill in accessing and entering accurate information necessary to perform job functions.
- Maintain competency in all job functions and remain competent to provide cross coverage for other warehouse/shipping functions routinely performed by home care service technicians.
- Interview, select and train employees; set and adjust their rates of pay and hours of work; plan and direct their work; appraise their productivity and efficiency for the purpose of recommending promotions or other changes in their status; handle their complaints and grievances and discipline staff when necessary. Complete the same duties as subordinate employees as directed and as needed.
- Participate in the development of training manuals, customer service documents and educational materials. Train technical staff in the performance of technical procedures.
- Communicate all product shortages; work effectively and collaboratively to resolve product shortages using safe and efficacious substitutions / alternatives.
- Participate in the evaluation of contracts and contract pricing, identifying potential for cost containment and cost savings, preparing area activity and financial metrics for data reporting.
- Promote, ensure and monitor regulatory compliance (e.g.; FDA, DOT, Joint Commission, University Practice Standards) within area(s) of responsibility. Complete quality assurance/improvement duties.
- Resolve patient complaints/concerns.
- Monitor vehicle usage and replace when necessary.
- Track and monitor driver routes and assure workload is distributed evenly.
- Actively engage the patient and family, as applicable, by exhibiting respect and dignity, sharing information in a timely and unbiased manner, and welcoming and encouraging participation to achieve shared decision making.
- Collaborate with other members of the team, including the patient and family, to achieve the ideal patient care experience.
- Associate’s Degree
- Warehouse distribution and logistics experience
- Supply Chain Management experience
- 3 years of supervisory experience
- Ability to travel from point A to point B throughout the workday as assigned
- Physical Requirements:
- The employee will be able to perform the assigned duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodations: ability to work in a sedentary position for long periods of time, ability to communicate/ exchange information, fine motor coordination/dexterity necessary for keyboarding or typing, and may require reaching, bending, twisting, stooping, moving about, lifting of up to 75 pounds, etc., with or without the use of assistive/adaptive devices.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Health Care Certification, i.e., BMET, CDME
- Supervisory experience in a home medical equipment warehouse setting
- Knowledge of home medical equipment and regulatory requirements
- Experience managing organized workforce
- Experience working with Home Medical Equipment software, preferably Brightree
- Joint Commission Accreditation knowledge
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures
This is a full time position.
This position is located at 2705 S. Industrial Hwy, Ann Arbor, MI.
Must comply with all Michigan Medicine Occupational Health requirements including annual flu immunization.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.