This position is located at the Canton Health Center.
We are actively seeking a Medical Assistant who is compassionate, enthusiastic and patient orientated. This individual will share in the goal of creating the ideal experience for our patients, families as well as our employees.
Provide exceptional customer service to patients and families with direct clinic management to result in efficient patient flow. Selected candidate must excel in patient intake, information gathering, direct patient care, data entry, patient preparation for visits as well as procedures. Additionally other responsibilities: in-basket messaging review and response, medication review, vital signs, injections, EKG's, performing and/or assisting with simple procedures, collecting and processing specimens, sterilization/cleaning of equipment, stocking rooms and overall maintenance of patient care area. Selected candidate will provide information to patients as directed, manage time appropriately, as well as some or all administrative duties.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Completion of a Medical Assistant program
- Individual must exhibit a professional and positive image when interacting with patients, faculty and staff.
- Individual must also adhere to a high standard of personal and professional conduct; possess excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrate ability to interact with a diverse population.
- Candidate must be able to work effectively with a multidisciplinary team, handling multiple responsibilities in a fast paced environment.
- Candidate must demonstrate problem solving skills, proficient computer and keyboarding skills, telephone etiquette along with having a history of excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology.
- Moderate standing/walking, as well as, lifting, positioning, pushing and/or transferring patients.
- Demonstrates active listening, written, verbal and information technology skills.
- Experience with in an Ambulatory Care setting.
- Experience with electronic medical records.
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures.
- Certification as a medical assistant.
- Experience working within a large, complex health are setting.
32 hours Monday-Friday with some evening and Saturday rotations.
This position may be underfilled as a Medical Assistant depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.