How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The critical elements of the position include staff supervision, food quality, food cost and procurement, and sanitation. Leads and monitors the preparation of food and beverage items and cooking activities of food service personnel. Provides administrative and functional supervision for Chef Assistants, Cooks, Bakers and other food service staff including student employees in the production and serving areas. Demonstrates enthusiasm for the bakery and culinary business via perpetual growth, motivation and development of bakery skills for self that he/she supervises. Responsible for creating bakery menus for Residential Dining, Catering, Retail and direction of production activities ensuring maximum operating efficiency and product quality.
Staff Supervision (50%)
- Exercises functional and administrative supervision over Chef Assistants, Cooks, Bakers and other food service staff including student employees engaged in culinary operations.
- Supervises bakery production to ensure timely and accurate achievement of goals for: production, delivery, labor, sales, finance, sanitation, safety and customer service.
- Conducts or significantly influences the hiring, evaluation and performance management of bargained-for and student staff.
- Resolves employee complaints and grievances.
- Directs food service personnel and assigns food preparation tasks and activities.
- Gives specific instructions in the preparation and cooking of menu items and oversees activities in the kitchen to determine that food is prepared in a proper manner and waste is minimized.
- Develops and conducts culinary training programs for unit staff and assists the Executive Chef, Dietitian, and Culinary team in all training programs.
- Plans and coordinates food preparation for special events.
Food Quality & Student Experience (30%)
- Oversees food preparation, presentation, portioning and plating design.
- Maintain and grow awareness of industry trends, including new developments in equipment, ingredients, menu trends and customer needs.
- Recommends changes in baking and cooking methods to ensure the quality of food service and the taste and appearance of the food.
- Examines food and supplies received to assure quality, freshness and appearance.
- Monitors inventory levels and orders food and supplies to ensure that a sufficient quantity of menu items is available for the number of customers served.
- Works in conjunction with the Executive Chef, Dietitian, and Culinary team to create, improve and standardize recipes.
- Leads committees and assists in developing projects and strategies to enhance the dining experience for students.
- Meets with students, student groups and students with special dietary needs to ensure that their dining requirements and expectations are met or exceeded.
Sanitation & Safety (10%)
- Oversees compliance with sanitary practices and procedures, and continually trains staff in proper food handling and sanitation.
- Administers health and safety standards in compliance with university, state and federal codes regulations.
General Duties (10%)
- Serves as a member of the unit leadership team and collaborates on program enhancements.
- Resolves and streamlines departmental operations through the continuous assessment of policies and procedures, work processes and program effectiveness/value.
- Participates on search committees for professional staff.
- Participates in long-term planning activities.
- Participates in meetings as necessary or requested.
- Participates in professional organizations, conferences and training activities, representing the department as required or assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degree in Culinary Arts from an accredited culinary school or apprenticeship program and/or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of three years of progressively responsible experience as a chef in a high volume, high quality bakeshop. Effectively hold staff accountable for production and Bakery success.
- Minimum of three to five years experience as a Pastry Chef.
- Experience and comprehensive knowledge of culinary techniques, menu planning, recipe and menu development, dining trends, food ordering, budget management, use of general and commercial kitchen equipment, preparation, presentation, and supervision of kitchen personnel.
- Demonstrated knowledge of regional, international and ethnic cuisines.
- Outstanding ability to lead, train, develop, supervise and motivate a diverse team.
- Strong oral and written communication and customer service skills.
- Knowledge of basic computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheet, email and the Internet; and ability to use CBORD Food Service Suite modules or a similar menu management system.
- ServSafe and HACCP certified within 60 days from date of hire as a condition of employment. If the certification is not acquired during the 60-day period, employment will be terminated. Certification must be maintained as a condition of employment.
- American Culinary Federation certification must be obtained within two years from date of hire. If the certification is not acquired within two years, employment will be terminated. Certification must be maintained as a condition of continued employment.
- Able to legally work in the United States.
- Competencies include:
- Drive for Excellence
- Hospitality Business and Industry Knowledge
- Strategic Planning & Leadership
- Operational Management
- Fiscal Stewardship
- Customer Satisfaction and Communication
- Human Resource Management & Development
- Working with Diverse Constituencies
- Bachelor's degree in hospitality management or related field desired.
- College/university food service experience desired.
PLEASE NOTE: Actual salary commensurate with experience, education and equity factors.
The Pastry Chef is classified as a “critical employee” and will be expected to be on site during any emergency closure of the University.
Ability to move thirty (30) pounds, ability to manipulate and gather objects from various positions, often at low heights and from awkward positions, ascend/descend stairs and maintain a stationary position for extended periods of time with or without reasonable accommodations.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.