- Coordinates overall flow of patients through the Birth Center triage, intrapartum and postpartum areas to ensure sensitive and quality care delivered in a timely manner.
- Evaluates and orders laboratory or other studies, develops plans and provides direct patient care.
- Round on and discharge postpartum patients including assessment and education.
- Consults with Attending Obstetric staff as necessary.
- Provides direct supervision and education to physicians-in-training and students.
- Participates in education of medical students, nurse-midwifery students, nursing staff and students
- Participates in the development, implementation and evaluation of guidelines for care management for the antenatal, intrapartum and postpartum patients.
- Works primarily days and weekend shifts but also some weeknights and is available for additional urgent coverage as needed.
Nursing Specific Info
Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position. Posting may be filled after the initial 5-day posting period. Applicants who have left the UMPNC bargaining unit must include on their resume dates of past employment including months and years of service along with effort.
If you have questions regarding this posting or would like assistance with nursing opportunities please contact Nurse Recruitment at (734) 936-5183.
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in Michigan.
- Board certified to practice as a Certified Nurse-Midwife
- Master’s Degree in Nursing, Midwifery or Public Health
- 1 year of full-scope or inpatient Nurse-Midwifery experience within the last three years
- Documented ability to function effectively as a team member
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- DEA Registration or ability to obtain within 30 days of hire date.
- 2 years of full-scope or inpatient Nurse-Midwifery experience within the last three years
- Experience with limited third trimester ultrasound skills
This position is covered under the collective bargaining agreement between the U-M and the Michigan Nurses Association and the U-M Professional Nurse Council union, which contains and settles all matters with respect to wages, benefits, hours and other terms and conditions of employment.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
If you have questions regarding this posting or would like assistance with Advanced Practice Nursing opportunities please contact Nurse and Physician Assistant Recruitment at (734) 936-5183 or e-mail email@example.com. For a current listing of all open APRN job opportunities at Michigan Medicine, please visit www.UMnursing.org.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.