How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
This position requires management of very large data sets including Medicare, BCBSM, registries and other data sets and statistical analysis. The Research Analyst works closely with faculty, biostatisticians and data base administrators to:
- Understand research project and proposal designs and requirements;
- Write , test and implement programs based on the analytic design of the project or proposal using SAS or STATA to clean, manage, merge, and analyze data;
- Develop statistical analyses for presentation and discussion with the principal investigator and others;
- Contribute to study reports or manuscripts by preparing tables, graphs and other data displays
- Create and maintain technical documentation;
- Contribute to the development of methods to evaluate progress of data collection on new projects;
- Participate as a team member in discussions on analysis and improvement of data collection, quality of data analyses, programming and documentation.
- Bachelor's degree in related field with strong computing and quantitative skills will be considered
- 2-4 years of related experience
- Master’s degree in Statistics, Biostatistics, Public Health, or Computer Science;
- Experience with SAS and/or STATA is strongly preferred;
- Direct experience in supporting, managing and analyzing major research projects using large data administrative data sets such as Medicare, Medicaid, commercial insurance is preferred
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills;
- Working knowledge of epidemiologic concepts and methodology;
- Strong programming knowledge using a high level programming language;
- Experience with complex data structures and linkages between data sources including understanding medical procedure codes;
- Ability to draft statistical tests in accordance with project designs and to solve analytic problems
- Ability to independently develop instruments and related analysis plans.
North Campus Research Complex
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.