Under direct supervision of the Principal Investigator and/or laboratory manager, provides a wide variety of moderately complex to complex technical support
- Provides moderately complex to complex technical support according to overall project goals as developed by Principal Investigator
- Assists in evaluating research methods, procedures, and techniques based on established objectives
- Provides assistance in manipulating, computing, and analyzing data
- Performs a variety of tests, using both routine and special techniques and methods
- Assists in report writing and participates in weekly laboratory meetings
- Sets up equipment and materials for experiments
- Maintains laboratory inventory and research equipment
- Assists in laboratory compliance with CLIA, OSHA, affirmative action and bio-safety requirements
- May assemble, test calibrate, clean or make minor repairs to equipment
- Works in collaboration with Principal Investigator on other projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-3 years experience in a laboratory setting.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently or as a member of our team
- Excellent attendance, ability to multi-task, prioritize appropriately handle a stressful environment and exercise good judgment is a must
- Familiarity with University research administration, policies and procedures
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.