This position will provide operational and administrative support for the Cancer Center Protocol Review and Monitoring System and Data and Safety Monitoring Committee. The candidate will be responsible for reviewing and editing content for clinical research protocols and supporting the coordination of clinical research oversight committee activities.
Protocol Reviewer and Editor
- Assists in reviewing and editing content for clinical research protocols. Works with faculty to ensure protocols contain the minimum standard requirements. Works with manager to develop tools for protocol development.
PRMS Operational Support
- Serves as the primary resource for supporting the Scientific Progress Review Subcommittee. Maintains accurate tracking systems for accrual monitoring. Manages investigator correspondence. Provides various general administrative support (generating agendas, tracking attendance, recording minutes). Processes new protocol applications/amendment submissions based on committee activity. Provides customer service to faculty investigators/committee members and study team members.
DSMC Operational Support
- Works with manager to ensure all clinical trials receive accurate data and safety monitoring. Reviews submissions for completeness. Identifies delinquent reports. Provides various general administrative support (generating agendas, preparing reviewer decision sheets, tracking attendance, recording minutes). Provides customer service to faculty investigators/committee members and study team members.
Other Committee Support
- Works with manager to develop and maintain work aids for committee operations. Enters and maintains data in the clinical trial management system for protocols under committee oversight. Performs special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 4 years’ clinical research experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks and multi-task
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.