The Kellogg Eye Center is a dynamic and cohesive department with guiding principles of innovation, teamwork, caring, and integrity. We are seeking an innovative, flexible, forward thinking, service oriented individual to manage a fast-paced clinic in one of the top ranked programs in the US. The preferred candidate must demonstrate excellence in leadership, team building, customer service and be adept at guiding with a proactive stance.
- Manage daily operations and clinical staff in provision of services to Comprehensive Ophthalmology patients.
- Demonstrate communication, training, mentoring and delegation skills to empower, engage, develop, and support staff.
- Collaborate with administrative, OR, billing, technical, clinical and medical staff to ensure efficient operations and delivery of services.
- Utilize metrics as a guide for decision making and best practices.
- Promote LEAN practices and principles.
- Select, hire and train staff who promote the highest level of engagement to support guiding principles of Caring, Teamwork, Innovation and Integrity.
- Promote service excellence and employee satisfaction.
- Monitor patient access, flow and wait times to identify causes, both individual and systemic which lead to less than optimal patient experiences, and address and ameliorate issues which arise.
- Ensure staff awareness and compliance with best practices, institutional policies and departmental procedures.
- Other duties as directed by supervisor.
- Respectful and compassionate attitude promoting service excellence.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrate flexible and creative problem solving skills.
- Demonstrate integrity and commitment to meeting or exceeding the needs of our patients and referring physicians.
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative and collegial interactions with patients, family members, caregivers and coworkers.
- Ability to fully utilize MiChart and EMR applications to access patient information, schedule appointments, process collections and generate reports.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Demonstrate effective management and leadership of staff.
- Demonstrate understanding and compliance with University policies and KEC guiding principles that promote Caring, Teamwork, Integrity and Innovation.
- BA or BS degree with experience in a health care setting
- Experience or knowledge in the field of ophthalmology.
- Monday-Friday with potential future expansion to including Saturdays
- Dependent on clinic operation hours
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.