Architecture, Engineering and Construction (AEC) is responsible for the planning, design and construction of the University of Michigan’s physical campus. A division of Facilities and Operations under the Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, our professional staff has the expertise to manage a wide range of facility improvement projects. We are committed to providing outstanding customer service and safely completing projects on time and within budget. We manage projects of all sizes from new buildings to additions, major renovations, alterations and cosmetic improvements. We use a cross-functional team approach to managing projects. Each project team includes the members necessary to best meet the project’s objectives. A project manager is assigned to lead the project through the design and construction process.
- Provide oversight of design and construction of University building and infrastructure projects.
- Work with selected team to develop and execute a structured project delivery.
- Provide budget/scope oversight through the design phase.
- Provide construction phase oversight of contractor schedules, submittal process, change management, and progress and payments to contractors and consultants.
- Coordinate utility and service interruptions.
- Provide support to senior project management staff.
- A Bachelor's Degree from an ABET accredited engineering program or an NAAB accredited first professional degree in Architecture.
- 0-3 years of experience; must know and understand fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of a particular field of specialization.
- Actual related work experience is a plus.
*****This is a 2 year term position with potential for renewal*****
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.