How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
- Answer calls to the nurse coordinator line from patients, providers (both internal and external), and outside facilities.
- Document telephone and other interactions into patient charts as necessary.
- Organize and obtain all outside records including slides that are critical to a meaningful outpatient visit and further treatment for upcoming patients on the schedule.
- Assist the nurse coordinators with management of triage questions through the MiChart (Epic) inbasket.
- Provide coverage for other panel managers within Otolaryngology during their absence.
- Ensure accurate organization and scanning of patient documents into their chart.
- Request and track outside radiology scans to ensure they are available prior to patient’s visit with us.
- Upload, nominate, and archive outside radiology scan from LifeImage (and other systems as they are available) radiology system into MiChart.
- Schedule, reschedule, and cancel appointments as requested.
- Contact patients with procedure description as necessary.
- Coordinate care with radiation oncology, medical oncology, radiology, oral surgery, and other departments as necessary.
- Create, update, schedule, and otherwise maintain patient list for tumor board.
- Initiate MiChart orders for speech pathology, radiology, and other services as necessary.
- Obtain prior authorizations for medications when necessary.
- Call in or fax prescription requests to pharmacy if it cannot be electronically submitted through MiChart.
- Organize/add all pending test results on a task list for nurse coordinators
- Provide assistance with other appropriate tasks as requested.
- Organize daily provider schedules (inclusive of hard copy of outside records for cancer patients as well as necessary forms and results as indicated).
- Follow-up calls on patient results as directed.
- Cross train to provide coverage across the department.
- High school diploma or completion of GED program.
- Understanding of medical terminology.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work well within a team setting.
- Communicates effectively.
- Demonstrates active listening, written, verbal, and information technology skills.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience working within a large, complex healthcare setting.
- Understanding of Otolaryngology terminology.
- Familiarity with Michigan Medicine electronic medical record system (Epic) is preferred.
- Knowledge of Michigan Medicine policies and procedures.
- Familiarity with obtaining medical records.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.