To provide exemplary customer service to patients in the Ambulatory Care setting through facilitation of services in the Transplant Center outpatient clinical setting under the direction of the Registered Nurse, Physician, and Medical Assistant Specialist Lead.
- facilitate patient flow in the clinic setting
- take and chart patient vital signs and medication in MiChart
- perform clinic preparation
- administer immunizations as directed by providers/nurses
- perform fibroscans
- medication reconciliation
- provide wound care
- Provide accurate and efficient clinical support processes.
- Perform EKG’s
- Participate in ongoing continuous quality improvement efforts in immediate work area, as well as Transplant Center and institution wide, utilizing Lean Thinking approach to increasing value and decreasing waste from the perspective of the customer.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Graduation from an accredited medical assistant program; or an equivalent combination of education and a minimum of 1 year of experience.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to work well as part of a team, share resources, and to adapt to change in a positive, constructive manner.
- Excellent typing, data entry, and general computer skills; familiarity with common office programs such as Word and Excel. Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written & verbal communication, conflict resolution, and customer service skills. Consistent use of correct spelling and grammar.
- Effective time management and problem-solving skills, as evidenced by ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Documented history of excellent punctuality and attendance.
- Successful completion of Pre-Employment screening.
- Moderate standing/walking, as well as, lifting, positioning, pushing and/or transferring patients.
- 2-5 year of experience in a clinical setting, preferably experience in an Ambulatory Care clinic setting.
- Working knowledge UMHS MRR systems such as Epic and Otis.
- Knowledge of UMHS Ambulatory Care Mandatory Competences related to Medical Assistants and Ambulatory Care clinics.
- Knowledge of UMHS Policies and Procedures.
- Certification as a Medical Assistant.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.