How to Apply
Complete applications should include a cover letter and resume.
Applications are due no later than April 1, 2017.
The Editor in Chief of the Michigan Times student newspaper oversees the publication and content of the paper, while also assuming key managerial duties. Responsibilities include:
- Facilitating weekly staff meeting to plan and direct the content of upcoming print issues and web version content.
- Editing written content and working with staff writers to ensure outstanding writing an journalism.
- Hiring and supervising a staff of writers and other editorial staff.
- Working side-by-side with the Michigan Times Advertising Manager to develop budgets and manage financial operations of the paper.
- Attending monthly Student Publications Board meetings to contribute to on-going discussions about the operation of paper. The Editor will be expected to provide month updates about the paper's progress and budget status.
Applicants must be enrolled in at least 6 credits at the University of Michigan-Flint.
Applicants should have a cumulative gpa of 2.75 or higher at the time of application.
Previous experience with a school newspaper or other publication is preferred.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.