How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
This position is within the Architecture, Engineering and Construction department (AEC). AEC handles the design, construction and project management for the major renovation and construction projects on campus.
The responsibilities of this position include assisting the project administrator and other administrative staff with processing project paperwork, scheduling meetings using Google software, ordering office supplies regularly through MPathways, and assisting with word-processing and spreadsheet project tasks, as needed. Additional responsibilities include data entry, analysis of departmental data and reporting to departmental managers using spreadsheets, charts and graphs.
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 2-3 years of experience in a similar position.
- Experience with maintenance of electronic calendars.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience using MS Office Software.
- Ability to understand detailed processes and procedures.
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Experience working with Adobe Acrobat.
- Experience with Google environment (mail, calendar, Drive) a plus.
- Experience working at a design & construction firm a plus.
For more information about Architecture, Engineering and Construction, visit www.umaec.umich.edu.
*****This is a 3-year limited term position*****
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.