Assist Manager and Senior Interior Design staff by performing the following duties:
- Prepare design specifications, CAD drawings, budget and bid preparations and general interior design activities.
- Prepare standard interior design plans and solutions and coordinate small to moderate interior design projects. Inventory existing furniture, components and site conditions.
- Prepare design recommendations, alternatives and solutions for projects of limited complexity.
- Interview clients to determine interior design preferences, needs and budget guidelines.
- Prepare standard cost estimates for furnishing, materials, labor and professional fees. Prepare standard requisitions, work orders and bid documentation. Coordinate deliveries and installation of interior design furnishings, fixtures and materials. Prepare punch lists on installed projects.
- Prepare visual presentations to demonstrate ideas and alternatives to clients.
- Assist with organization and maintenance of library materials.
- Confer with outside vendors regarding furnishings, fixtures and materials.
- Bachelor's degree in interior design.
- Proficient in AutoCad, Sketch Up and CAP Software. Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Some knowledge of the methods and materials in institutional interior design is necessary, including furniture procurement and project management.
- 0-2 years of interior design experience. (Entry level for bachelor's degree candidates)
*****This is a three year term-limited position*****
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.