We are actively seeking highly qualified candidates who will provide compassionate care to adult patient populations in the Medical Procedures Unit at the Northville Health Center. Candidates should be enthusiastic and patient-oriented individuals who are interested in creating the ideal experience for our patients, families, and employees, reporting directly to the Nursing Supervisor. Candidates should be able to provide nursing care to patients receiving Gastrointestinal Endoscopy and Medical Procedures for Cardiology, Anesthesia Pain, and Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation disciplines. Candidates will coordinate nursing care between the pre-procedure, intra-procedure, and post-procedure phases, which may include directing other registered nurses, medical assistants and ancillary health care staff. Candidates will administer sedation/analgesia under the direction of a physician. Candidates will be required to wear a lead apron for extended period of time. Assesses and documents hemodynamic status during sedation and post-procedure phases. Initiates and maintains peripheral intravenous lines. Candidate should be able to provide patient and family centered education and discharge teaching based on learning needs.
Nursing Specific Info
Salary & Nursing Framework Level:
This UMPNC RN posting is posted as Nursing Framework LEVEL C (INC B.)
Actual Nursing Framework LEVEL and salary will be determined at time of hire.
Nursing Framework levels range from Level A to Level E.
Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position.
Posting may be filled after the initial 5-day posting period.
Applicants who have left the UMPNC bargaining unit must include on their resume dates of past employment including months and years of service along with effort.
Positions less than 20 hours/week may be combined.
If you have questions regarding this posting or would like assistance with nursing opportunities please contact Nurse Recruitment at (734) 936-5183.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) to practice nursing in the state of Michigan.
- Minimum two years of experience working as a RN, within the past five years as an ICU, ED, Flight Nurse, or as a Sedation Analgesia Professional.
- Current ACLS certification.
- Demonstrate excellence in communication skills; verbal and written.
- Excellent attendance as evidenced by previous work performance evaluations and or attendance record.
- Demonstrate ability to establish and maintain collaborative multi-disciplinary team relationships; prioritize duties, and multi-task with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate excellence in customer service skills. Candidate should be able to provide examples during the interview.
- Proficiency using and documenting in an electronic medical record.
- Ability to problem-solve independently.
- Demonstrate accountability to Departmental and Regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrate flexibility in accepting changing clinical assignments on short notice.
Note: Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position.
RESUME REQUIRED (for both internal & external applicants):
You must attach a complete and accurate resume to be fully considered for this position.
- Gastrointestinal Endoscopy or procedural nursing experience in an acute care setting.
- Nursing certification in Gastroenterology, Cardiology, Anesthesia Pain, or Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation disciplines.
- Completion of IV sedation course.
This position is covered under the collective bargaining agreement between the U-M and the Michigan Nurses Association and the U-M Professional Nurse Council union, which contains and settles all matters with respect to wages, benefits, hours and other terms and conditions of employment.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.