How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Provide network security support for the Michigan Medical's network environment, including but not limited to the following areas:
- Firewall rule base changes
- Site-to-Site VPN configuration and management
- Cisco Security Manager support
- Client/clientless VPN support
- Remote ASA and Cisco Meraki support
- Cisco FirePower IPS support
- Cisco access list configuration and support
- Leading the analysis and remediation of network platform security vulnerabilities.
Provide support for the Health System’s Cisco route/switch environment, including but not limited to the following areas:
- Day-to-day support for the Health System's router and switch complex
- Support on-going networking optimization efforts using available vendor tools.
- Network design and installation support for building renovations and new construction projects-
- Testing, development, and deployment support for new networking technologies brought into the Health System.
- Reviewing, auditing, and optimizing firewall and IPS rule sets. Implementing best practices and working with external auditors to ensure these systems pass PCI and HIPAA audits
- Proactive operational duties such as enterprise monitoring of network infrastructure, performance and capacity analysis, service continuity, customer communication and notification of network issues and service restoration, and participating in the coordinating and escalation of clinical complex failures.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years' experience in managing and supporting Cisco 6500, 4500, and Nexus series routers and switches in a large enterprise environment.
- 3-5 years' experience in managing and supporting multi-context Cisco ASA firewalls, IPSec VPNs,and IPSs in a large enterprise environment.
- Excellent knowledge of Cisco's lOS and NS-OX Operating systems Experience with Splunk or other log aggregation tool is desirable Experience/knowledge of multiple operating systems (Windows,Unix,Linux) Excellent knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP, HTTPS, RSS,and DNS
- Proven technical leader with solid operating system administration skills, and the ability to maintain apositive attitude while working in a dynamic,fast paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal,communication and organizational skills with the ability to interact effectively with employees at all levels within the organization
- Experience supporting Cisco Meraki and Lancope StealthWatch products a plus
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.