How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The Biomedical Research Core Facilities DNA Sequencing Laboratory is looking for a skilled research technician to join us, full time, as a Research Laboratory Specialist. The incumbent will be responsible for library production for Illumina next generation sequencing platforms from DNA and RNA samples submitted by clients. Various quality control assays will be performed in addition to implementation of new protocols for DNA and RNA library preparation and sequencing, with a focus on high-throughput process development.
- Preparation of DNA and RNA libraries for next generation sequencing
- Performing quality control assays on samples submitted for library preparation, on client prepared libraries and on core prepared libraries
- Assessing qPCR results for pooling and determination of library concentrations for sequencing
- Illumina instrument operation responsibilities include setting up runs, equipment maintenance and troubleshooting
- Monitoring sequencing run performance and data quality metrics
- Communication with clients regarding QC; documentation of client requests
- Utilization and development of programs on the Eppendorf epMotion automated liquid handler
- Additional responsibilities include inventory management and general lab maintenance
Occasional evening or weekend work may be required.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.