The West Ann Arbor Health Center – Parkland Plaza is the newest Ambulatory Care facility dedicated to providing high quality health care services for adults and children. The brand new 2-story facility is located 380 Parkland Plaza in Ann Arbor. We are actively seeking compassionate, enthusiastic, and patient-oriented individuals who will share in the goal of creating the ideal experience for our patients, families and employees.
To be considered for this position, a cover letter is required and should be attached as the first page with your resume. The cover letter should address each of the following points:
- Describe your experience and why you believe you would be a good fit for this position at the West Ann Arbor Health Center - Parkland Plaza.
- Outline your customer service experiences which would be applicable to this position.
- Describe why you choose a career in the healthcare field?
Pharmacy Technician duties in the infusion area may include:
- Prepare sterile products, injections, IV piggybacks, and IV chemotherapy
- Assist in the retrieving/filing medication orders from electronic systems
- Maintain Omnicell cabinets on unit (stock, restock, pull expired meds)
- Perform assigned unit inspections (medication) for various clinic areas
- Assist in general pharmacy cleaning/maintenance/stocking
- Prepare investigational drugs per research protocols
- Triage telephone inquiries
- Other duties/projects as assigned by supervisor to assist with preparation and delivery of patient medications
- Assist with training of staff
For more information about Pharmacy Services, please see our Annual Report at: https://www.medicine.umich.edu/dept/pharmacy/pharmacy-annual-report
- High school diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience is necessary.
- Licensure as a Pharmacy Technician in the State of Michigan is required.
- Ability to perform a wide range of physical activity: lifting, pulling, bending, manual dexterity movements: Ability to follow oral and written instructions, prioritize with accuracy and dependability: Fluency in reading, writing and speaking English.
- UMHS Pharmacy requires all Technicians to be PTCB certified and fully licensed within 180 days of hire.
At least one year technician experience is highly desirable. Basic algebra also highly desired.
Licensure & Certification
“The State of Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA) requires all Pharmacy Technicians to be licensed. The new regulations allow for a one-time temporary license for up to 1 year, during which time a Technician must successfully complete requirements to become certified and meet all other State of Michigan requirements for a Full Pharmacy Technician License. UMHS Pharmacy Department provides coaching and additional information to support Technicians to become certified and licensed.
Please visit the Michigan LARA website for more information about Pharmacy Technician licensing: http://www.michigan.gov/lara/0,4601,7-154-72600_72603_27529_27548-340669--,00.html
Newly hired pharmacy technicians must obtain a valid Michigan Pharmacy Technician License on or before their hire date. This can include a Full Michigan Pharmacy Technician License or a Temporary Michigan Pharmacy Technician License. If a technician obtains a Temporary Michigan Pharmacy Technician License on or before their date of hire, they must obtain a Full Michigan Pharmacy Technician License within 1 year of hire date or before the Temporary Michigan Pharmacy Technician License expires, whichever is sooner, in order to maintain employment. In addition, All pharmacy technicians must obtain PTCB certification within 6 months of hire date or in time to obtain a Full Michigan Pharmacy Technician License, whichever is sooner, and they must maintain their PTCB certification throughout the duration of employment at UMHS as a Pharmacy Technician.”.
This position rotates between all of our Infusion Center Pharmacies located in East Ann Arbor, Canton, Northville, Cancer Center, Taubman, and West Ann Arbor.
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Upon applying for this position, you will be sent an invitation within two business days to complete an online pre-employment assessment. To ensure you receive this invitation, please add HR-Recruitment@med.umich.edu as a secure email sender in your contacts. Applicants who have completed the assessment will be considered viable candidates for this position. (Please note: If you have previously completed the assessment, you will not be asked to completed it again)
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.