The West Ann Arbor Health Center – Parkland Plaza is the newest Ambulatory Care facility dedicated to providing high quality health care services for adults and children. The brand new 2-story facility is located 380 Parkland Plaza in Ann Arbor. We are actively seeking compassionate, enthusiastic, and patient-oriented individuals who will share in the goal of creating the ideal experience for our patients, families and employees.
To be considered for this position, a cover letter is required and should be attached as the first page with your resume. The cover letter should address each of the following points:
- Describe your experience and why you believe you would be a good fit for this position at the West Ann Arbor Health Center - Parkland Plaza.
- Outline your customer service experiences which would be applicable to this position.
- Describe why you choose a career in the healthcare field?
Our pharmacists practice in a variety of ambulatory settings. We have ambulatory infusion services at our Canton Health Center, East Ann Arbor Health Center, West Ann Arbor, UMHS Cancer Center-Ann Arbor, and Northville Health Center. Rotation among work locations may occur.
Pharmacists provide pharmaceutical care services which include but are not limited to medication profile reviews, pharmacokinetic dosing, anemia management, anticoagulation management patient teaching and clinical order verification. Pharmacist responsibilities are focused to ensure optimal effectiveness and safety of medications used throughout the institution as well as providing accurate and timely drug information to members of the healthcare team. Core functions include:
- Unit Based Responsibilities:
- Pharmacists provide direct patient care which include working with members of the healthcare team to assure appropriateness of therapy. Other activities include reviewing medication profiles, patient counseling, and physician/nurse education.
- Pharmacists serve as preceptors for Pharm.D. students on a variety of rotations including medication reconciliation and direct patient care Introductory Pharmacy Patient Experiences (IPPEs) during the third year and institutional and unit based hospital practice clerkship rotations during the fourth year.
- Order Verification/ Profile Review:
- Pharmacists review, clarify and process medication orders in a timely manner while assuring appropriateness of therapy.
- Quality Improvement:
- Pharmacists provide input and suggestions for process improvements to improve the care that is provided to our patients. Activities include researching opportunities and initiating action plans with follow through until successful implementation of the improvement.
- Supervision of Work Area:
- Pharmacists provide functional supervision of technical staff working in their area including completion of job assignments and assuring adherence to institutional policies and procedures.
For more information about the UMHS Department of Pharmacy Services, see our annual report at https://www.medicine.umich.edu/dept/pharmacy/pharmacy-annual-report
- Education/ Training
- Doctor of Pharmacy Degree from an accredited College of Pharmacy or Bachelors Degree in Pharmacy with commensurate experience.
- Current license to practice pharmacy in the State of Michigan (including a Controlled Substance license), verifiable in LARA; or eligibility to become licensed within 90 days of employment start date.
- Ability to perform a variety of manual dexterity movements, including keyboarding and IV preparation, actively participating in codes. Fluency in reading, writing and speaking English.
- Completion of a PGY1 residency and/or BCPS certification.
- Recent inpatient clinical hospital practice experience or home infusion pharmacy experience including IV admixture, participation in direct patient care and education, with a range of medications and patient populations similar to those at UMHHC (may include clerkships, APPE rotations or residency rotations).
Pharmacy Infusion Services locations are open from 6:00 AM to 9:00 PM, Monday through Friday and 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM on Saturdays. Hours vary by location.
This position rotates between all of our Infusion Center Pharmacies located in East Ann Arbor, Canton, Northville, Cancer Center, Taubman, and West Ann Arbor.
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.