How to Apply
This is an Advanced Practice Professional (APP) job opening.
Both qualified NP and PA applicants will be considered.
NPs are directed to apply to job # 139137 and PAs are directed to apply to job # 139138
A total of 1, 1.0 FTE, Advanced Practice Professional (either NP or PA) will be hired to fill this job opening.
- Provide care and direct management to adult patients with malignant myeloid and lymphoid hematological disorders with a focus on leukemia and myeloproliferative neoplasms.
- Primary workplace in the outpatient ambulatory setting seeing new patient consultations and return visits including: performing history/ physical examination and patient evaluation, admission of patients, patient and family education, counseling and support, collaboration with and referrals to other health care providers, and provision of education to nursing staff, students, and the community.
- Collaborative work with physicians in writing orders for chemotherapy and supportive care treatment regimens.
- Perform procedures such as bone marrow aspiration/biopsy and lumbar puncture for diagnostic and therapeutic reasons.
- Review laboratory and radiographic tests results and interface with faculty and patients regarding results and plan of care.
- Participate in clinical trial research through the consenting of patients for clinical trial participation as well as clinically assessing patients participating in clinical trials.
- Facilitate transition of care and function as a liaison between the inpatient and outpatient settings and between staff to ensure continuity of care.
- Collaborate within hematology team in planning, implementing and evaluating programs for increasing knowledge and skills.
- Participate in workshops and CME activities pertinent to malignant hematology. Attendance at programmatic meetings at University of Michigan Cancer Center, and occasionally attend regional or national meetings.
Nursing Specific Info
Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position.
Posting may be filled after the initial 5-day posting period.
Applicants who have left the UMPNC bargaining unit must include on their resume dates of past employment including months and years of service along with effort.
Positions less than 20 hours/week may be combined.
If you have questions regarding this posting or would like assistance with nursing opportunities please contact Nurse Recruitment at (734) 936-5183.
Nursing Specific Info
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the credentialing and privileging process.
NOTE: Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the credentialing and privileging process.
NOTE: Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position.
RESUME REQUIRED (for both internal & external applicants):
You must attach a complete and accurate resume to be fully considered for this position.
This position is covered under the collective bargaining agreement between the U-M and the Michigan Nurses Association and the U-M Professional Nurse Council union, which contains and settles all matters with respect to wages, benefits, hours and other terms and conditions of employment.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
If you have questions regarding this posting or would like assistance with Advanced Practice Nurse opportunities please contact UMHS Nurse Recruitment at (734) 936-5183 or e-mail nurserecruit_UMHS@med.umich.edu. For a current listing of all open APRN job opportunities at Michigan Medicine, please visit www.umnursing.org
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.