Provide clinic operational support to a complex multiple physicians’ practice in an adult ambulatory care setting to the Kidney, Pancreas and Liver Transplant, General Hepatology and General Surgery and Ultrasound in 1st floor TC Clinics). Participate in a rotation of all jobs including check-in and check-out.
Market Title: Patient Services Assistant
Working Title: Patient Services Assistant (Front Desk)
Schedule: M-F, 9:00-5:30 Closer (times may vary)
- Receive and assist patients, visitors, and staff.
- Check In or Check Out Patients for clinic visits
- Verify accurate insurance, guarantor, primary care and referring physician information.
- Schedule patient appointments with patients and/or referring clinic.
- Monitor waiting area activity and assure a clean, organized, and safe environment.
- Promote personal comfort and convenience of patients and families by routinely checking their needs.
- Provide information regarding hospitals and community services as needed.
- Process and compile patient paperwork for exams and clinical staff.
- Answer incoming phone calls and triage to appropriate location.
- Accurately record any phone messages and assure they are forwarded appropriately.
- Call patients to remind them of upcoming appointments.
- Utilize paging system to contact appropriate staff as required.
- Prepare patient itinerary and all other appropriate correspondence.
- Assist in routine daily tasks.
- Other Duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 0 -2 years of experience.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work well within a team setting.
- Communicates effectively.
- Demonstrates active listening, written, verbal and information technology skills.
Knowledge of basic medical terminology.
Good attendence record.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
The mission of the University of Michigan is to serve the people of Michigan and the world through preeminence in creating, communicating, preserving and applying knowledge, art, and academic values, and in developing leaders and citizens who will challenge the present and enrich the future. The University of Michigan is committed to foster learning, creativity and productivity, and to support the vigorous exchange of ideas and information, not only in the classroom but in the workplace by:
- Creating a work environment in which people treat each other with respect and dignity, regardless of roles, responsibilities or differences.
- Providing support, direction and resources enabling us to accomplish the responsibilities of our jobs and to reach the goals that are set for professional and personal growth.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.