- Prepare compounded sterile products (CSPs) inclusive of hazardous substances using manual manipulations, automated compounding devices, and assistive tools relating to weights and measures in compliance with legal and regulatory standards.
- Critically review and adhere to CSP preparation standards for accuracy and compliance with documentation standards.
- Perform and document calculations necessary to ensure all instances of pharmaceutical admixture result in CSPs which are sterile, stable, and in full compliance with labeled content(s), concentration(s), and expiration dating.
- Prepare and package non-sterile CSPs which are in full compliance with labeled content(s), concentration(s), and expiration dating.
- Demonstrate proficiency and accuracy in the confirmation of CSPs inclusive of using any paper and/or electronic formats.
- Handle all controlled substances with strict and full adherence to departmental, state, and federal rules and regulations.
- Participate in facility environmental monitoring and other quality assurance activities data collection activities
- Graduation from high school or an equivalent
- State of Michigan Pharmacy Technician Licensure (Full), verifiable through the State of Michigan Department of Licensure and Regulatory Affairs
- Proficient communication skills, including fluency in writing, reading, and speaking English
- Proficient computer skills and literacy, including keyboarding and Windows-based programs
- Proficient in basic mathematics
- Able to perform a wide range of physical activities: prolonged sitting/standing/walking, lifting, pulling, bending and manual dexterity movements
- Previous sterile compounding experience
- Proficient in operating within the Windows environment with experience in use of the following software: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Access
Days with rotating shift between 6am & 8pm Monday through Friday, rotating weekends, rotating holidays.
This position is located at 2850 S. Industrial Hwy. St 50
This job posting is for a University of Michigan Temporary position and may be filled at any time during the posting period. Temporary employment may be full or part time, but in either case is limited in duration. Please review the full posting description for details.
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.