- Wash pot and pans, includes operating three-compartment sink, Power Soak, and rack washer. Record water temperature and sanitizing pH levels accurately in log as assigned.
- Sweep and mop kitchen floors, clean hand wash sinks, floor drains, floor mats, and various kitchen equipment (i.e. kettles, hoods, ovens, steamers, etc.).
- Empty and remove garbage in a timely manner, and clean garbage containers as needed.
- Assist with warewash area if needed.
- Clean assigned areas per Master Cleaning schedule, record duties in log, and complete additional tasks as assigned.
- Be flexible with work schedules, job tasks, and job changes. This includes but is not limited to working holidays and picking up additional duties when a coworker is absent.
- Keep work equipment cleaned and sanitized as assigned, including maintaining a clean and organized work area.
- Complete special project cleaning duties as assigned.
- Be able to multitask and work at a fast pace.
- Experience performing physical job tasks safely. This includes but is not limited to lifting up to 50 pounds, bending, reaching, standing (up to 8 hours), and pushing and pulling up to 35 pounds.
- Excellent communication skills: ability to read English with comprehension, listen effectively, speak and write clearly, and accurately follow written instructions, including job routines, directions, and precautions on chemical product labels.
- Ability to perform excellent customer service. This includes but is not limited to demonstrating respect for coworkers, working effectively on a team, as well as working independently with minimal guidance.
- One year experience cleaning in an institutional setting.
- Experience cleaning and operating a rack washer, three-compartment sink, Power Soak equipment, and/or other commercial kitchen cleaning equipment.
Shift: Days/Evenings - 32 hours/week
Sunday/Monday 2:00 pm - 11:00 pm, Friday/Saturday 6:00 am - 3:00 pm; Off Days Tuesday-Thursday
This position is covered under the collective bargaining agreement between the U-M and the AFSCME union, which contains and settles all matters with respect to wages, benefits, hours and other terms and conditions of employment.
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.