- Perform coagulation and special coagulation testing including factor levels, lupus anticoagulant, Factor V Leiden etc. for FDA applications of Sysmex CA1500, CS-5100, and CS-2500 coagulation analyzers.
- Analyze subject data and perform meticulous record keeping including temperatures, maintenance, preventive maintenance, daily data print outs.
- Recognize problems and follow up appropriately.
- Follow quality control and quality assurance procedures.
- Perform instrument maintenance and calibrations.
- Prepare CAP-ready data and records for Siemens audits.
- Includes daily communications with Siemens USA and Germany staff
- Work collaboratively with others .
- The ideal candidate will have experience with Siemens coagulation analyzers, be efficient and accurate in performing tests and possess excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Exercise effective communication skills with possible donors as wells as laboratory staff to identify and acquire testing samples.
- Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology or biological science is required as well as certification as a Medical Laboratory Scientist or Medical Technologist or eligible to be certified.
- Must understand clinical hematology/coagulation laboratory practices and compliance regulations for clinical testing. Must have knowledge of IRB procedures and follow proper IRB protocols.
- Must have experience with Sysmex CA1500, CS-5100, and Sysmex CS-2500 analyzers and knowledge of Wave A and B testing performed.
- Must have: the demonstrated ability to communicate clearly, concisely and effectively with other medical personnel in both verbal and written form; demonstrated ability to independently organize and prioritize work, and to exercise initiative in recognizing and solving problems. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse team.
Previous experience in Hematology is desirable.
This postion is a grant paid position and will end when funding has run out or is pulled, there is currently no end date.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.