How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Market Title: Marketing Assistant Intermediate (100593)
Working Title: Events Design Coordinator
University and Development Events
Office of University Development
Reports to: Assistant Director, Event and Project Management
Supervises directly: N/A
Position summary:The Events Design Coordinator will provide design support for events within the Office of University and Development Events (UDE) – with an emphasis on coordinating the marketing and design efforts for the Milestone Reunions program. This position reports to the Office of University of Development Events, but will also be in regular communication and consultation with the Office of Reunions and Reunion Giving. Primary responsibilities include production of marketing and event materials; social media management; creative support; and analytics. This is a 50% appointment.
Full time equivalent range is: $39-40,500, with this being 50% appointment, the part time range is equivalent to $19,500-20,250.
60% Event Design and Production Support:
• Identify, select, and collaborate with external vendors to produce materials originating within the UDE team.
• Oversee, monitor, and account for all project related expenses.
• Gather and provide detailed event information to writers, designers, and vendors for inclusion in all marketing materials (print and electronic).
• Review and proof all Milestone Reunions print and electronic materials (content and creative elements) and coordinate feedback from all internal stakeholders to vendors.
• Coordinate the production of all print and electronic event materials for all annual university-wide class reunion events (and other UDE managed events, as assigned and schedule allows).
• Design and produce printed materials for events such as: menu cards, signs, confirmation/looking forward to seeing you messages, etc.
• Write communications to an alumni, parent, and/or donor audiences on an as-needed basis.
• Provide assistance to the Event Design and Project Management Specialist on a high volume of print and electronic communication materials for multiple projects, simultaneously.
• Other event design projects as assigned, as time allows with Reunions-related responsibilities.
• Provide on-site staffing for events as requested.
40% Social Media and Web Presence:
• Develop, manage, and administer social media program for University and Development Events.
• Set goals and measures for successful social media campaign with University and Development Events.
• Implement and track social media ad campaigns.
• Coordinate website and online registration form development in partnership with the Development Services team—duties to include: writing and editing content and/or forms, testing/troubleshooting, designing, and coding.
• Overtime may be necessary which could include early mornings, evenings, and weekends, some holidays.
• Travel may be required and may occur any time of the year, including holidays.
• A bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience is necessary.
• Collaborative and team approach to work
• Must demonstrate the ability to balance multiple projects with high-level accuracy in a deadline driven environment
• Candidate must be flexible and able to work with changing timelines. Extensive independence, initiative, and judgment are necessary in the execution of responsibilities
• Strong time management, project management, and problem-solving skills are required
• Superior proofreading ability and communications skills are required
• Experience with graphic design and Adobe Creative Suite (examples or portfolio appreciated)
• Extensive knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office software.
• Candidate must have experience in gathering information through various methods, including the telephone, e-mail, internet, and in-person
• Familiarity with the University of Michigan organization, policies, and procedures
• Value the importance of building relationships with our constituents (students, parents, donors, and alumni)
• Passion for providing exceptional customer service
• Previous professional events experience (i.e., planning, staffing, assisting)
• Exposure to U-M’s systems – DART, Business Objects, etc.
• Familiarity with teamwork.com, formstack.com, paperlesspost.com, Cvent, and/or zkipster.com
• Ability to learn (or previous experience with) web design software and html
• Volunteer experience in a non-profit setting
• Experience working with external vendors
• Knowledge of print industry methods and terminology
For additional information about this position and to review other current openings in Development, please visit our website at: www.giving.umich.edu/careers
Office of University Development Mission Statement:
The Office of University Development maximizes private support for the University of Michigan through high-quality collaboration with the development programs of schools, colleges and units. We also provide fundraising leadership through the stimulation and facilitation of healthy, productive and life-long relationships with our colleagues, alumni, friends, foundations and corporations.
Office of University and Development Events Mission Statement:
The Office of University and Development Events creates meaningful experiences for donors, alumni, faculty, staff, and students that celebrate their accomplishments and enhance their relationships with the University of Michigan.
Our goal is to craft welcoming, educational, stimulating and memorable environments for our guests. The emotional impact of their experiences inspires stronger unity, pride and support for the University.
• We give our undivided attention to every detail and provide service of the highest quality, offering our guests experiences that exceed their expectations while upholding the principles of fiscal responsibility.
• We work together as a dedicated team with common goals. We value, we support and
we respect our team, our colleagues and the mission of the University.
• All that we do upholds the integrity of the University.
Office of University and Development Events – Operating Principles:
Respect -We are professionals who respect each other’s work styles and individual priorities, both personally and professionally. Our individual contributions are embraced by each member of our team. Responsibility - We are responsible stewards of our resources; consciously holding ourselves fiscally and environmentally accountable to the mission of the University. Collaboration - We are committed to sharing knowledge and best practices through a variety of methods. We proactively include team members and stakeholders in the planning process. We recognize that relying on each other for assistance is not only vital to our own success, but that of our team. Communication - We communicate openly throughout our department, where we are constructive and approachable. We deliberately and mindfully share information among the team. Development and Growth - We energetically seek and support the development of ourselves and our team by collecting and offering honest feedback, challenging ourselves with new learning opportunities, and pursuing all that the University has to offer. Support - We work toward a common goal and encourage each other to ask for and provide support. We support each other’s daily effort to balance time and energy across goals between life and work; fostering a flexible environment that values each other’s’ perspectives and priorities. Customer Focus - We take great pride in our commitment to superior customer service and do everything within our abilities to provide each guest with an exceptional Michigan experience.
Although the Posting End Date may indicate otherwise, this job may be filled and closed anytime after a posting duration of seven calendar days.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.