How to Apply
Interested candidates should send a letter of application, resume, and three references to Dr. Lee Redding, Chair, Department of Accounting and Finance. Sending the materials as one .Pdf file to LRedding@umich.edu is preferred, but materials may be mailed to College of Business, University of Michigan-Dearborn, 19000 Hubbard Drive, Dearborn, MI 48126.
The College of Business at the University of Michigan-Dearborn is seeking applicants for a full-time lecturer in finance. The position will be responsible for teaching students enrolled in courses beginning September 2017.
The University of Michigan-Dearborn is one of the three campuses of the University of Michigan. UM-D is a comprehensive university offering high quality undergraduate, graduate, professional and continuing education to residents of southeast Michigan, and attracts more than 9,000 students. The campus is strategically located on 200 suburban acres of the original Henry Ford Estate in the Greater Detroit Metropolitan region.
- Successful candidates must have a graduate degree in finance or a closely related field.
- Other professional qualifications, previous experience teaching accounting at the university level, recent relevant work experience and/or a history of scholarly research and publications are highly preferred.
- Support for professional development is available.
- The ability to teach at a graduate level is preferred.
- The ability to teach a variety of courses in finance, including a variety of more advanced undergraduate courses, is strongly preferred.
- The ability to teach courses in business economics is preferred.
- Ability to be faculty advisor to a student investment fund.
The terms and conditions of employment for this position are subject to the provisions of a Collective Bargaining Agreement between the University of Michigan and the Lecturers Employee Organization (LEO). Currently this classification is considered exempt in compliance with the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.