To perform basic visual exam and testing under the close supervision of medical and Allied Health staff.
- Provide exceptional patient service
- Stock and maintain exam and treatment rooms
- Calibrate, clean and maintain equipment
- Obtain complete medical history
- Communicate delays to patients
- Patient work up: Vision check, pupils, EOMS, Ancillary testing: Topography, Pentacom, Marco
- Contact Lens insertion and removal
- Contact Lens training
- Orders for contacts and returns
- Measure and polish contacts
- Respectful and compassionate attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent attendance record
- Demonstrate integrity and commitment to meeting and exceeding the needs of our patients and referring physicians
- Minimum of 2 - 5 years experience as an Optometic Technician
- Collaborative and collegial, demonstrates integrity
- High School graduate
- Keyboarding skills
- Electronic Medical Record experience
- Demonstrate understand and compliance with University policies and KEC guiding principles that promote Caring, Teamwork, Integrity and Innovation
- Associate's degree in health area
- Experience in field of Optometry
Monday-Friday; dependent on clinic operation hours
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
The Kellogg Eye Center of the University of Michigan is dedicated to enhancing quality of life by preserving and restoring vision. Our guiding principles are teamwork, caring, innovation and integrity.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.