Call center representative intermediate serving the Division of Gastroenterology.
Under general supervision, handles more complex inbound and outbound telephone inquiries. Relies on experience and judgment to answer customer questions and concerns while ensuring customer satisfaction and retention. Applies some advanced skills to the position within assigned functional area. May adapt procedures, processes and techniques to meet the more complex requirements of the position.
Perform clerical tasks that require proper telephone technique, basic typing, computer and data entry skills. Confirm and update patient care team information such as referring and/or Primary Care Physician information. Gather and verify caller demographics, insurance and other pertinent information. Obtain managed care referrals and/or authorizations. Provide patient with information regarding their balances. Maintains and tabulates appointment data as needed. Notify patients of appointment changes. Perform unit resource open/closing duties and update clinic calendar. Prepare patient itinerary and all other appropriate correspondence for mailing. Accurately Schedule/Reschedule appointments in Cadence with documentation. Initiate or follow up on telephone encounter messages in MiChart as needed. Contribute with the annual template implementation for new providers in Cadence. Use the Gastroenterology Call Center website to obtain information. Use all of the functions within the Aspect phone system, MiChart (EPIC) scheduling system, Accuroute Fax server, and transcribing referrals.
Additional Intermediate Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assistance with hiring process new call center rep associates
- Billing and Daily Work items
- Assist with training of new staff
- Lean in Daily Work (LDW) participation
- Act as Lead within various committees and groups
- Intermediate Level: Requires a high school education or equivalent and 2-4 years of experience
- Associate Level: Requires a high school education or equivalent and 0-2 years of experience
- Adheres to high standards of teamwork by demonstrating adaptability, flexibility and consistently shares information and resources with others.
- Documented history of excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Effective time management skills/consistently uses available time effectively.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (e.g. ability to provide and receive constructive feedback, seeks constructive approaches to resolving workplace issues).
- The ability to pay close attention to details, multi-task, and to work well with minimal supervision.
- Able to work in a fast paced customer friendly environment.
- Previous customer service and / or account representative experience. Cadence and online payor system experience.
- Medical terminology (may be tested).
- Previous experience in:
- An ambulatory care clinical setting
- Clinical data entry
- Knowledge of University and Department of Internal Medicine policies and procedures.
Appointment: 40 hours/week
Shift/Hours/Days: Days / Monday - Friday, 9:00 am – 6:00 pm (hours may vary)
Location: North Campus Administrative Complex (NCAC)
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.