- Assist the Physical Therapist in working with Adult Rehab patients carrying out complex testing and treatment procedures such as muscle testing, goniomettry, gait training, muscle re-education, endurance training and patient education.
- Assesses patient's day to day progress in functional terms/documentation and reports findings to physical therapist.
- Implement treatment programs for patients modifying programs as patient progresses with guidance from a physical therapist.
- Associate degree from an APTA accredited Physical Therapy Assistant Program is necessary.
- Valid Michigan PTA Licensure is required.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with the public and staff is necessary.
Rehab experience preferred.
36 Hours working 9 hour days Sunday through Wednesday with the flexiblity to pick up additonal hours to help with coverage as needed.
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.