How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
- Assisting with planning, organization, scheduling and supervision of construction and renovations projects.
- Generate or review project budget.
- Review jobs, prints, and specifications.
- Prepare renovation project schedules.
- Prepare requisitions for Purchase Orders.
- Attend project walk through meeting with Procurement and potential vendors &/or sub-contractors.
- Conduct feasibility reviews.
- Assist with projects involving the application of carpentry, painting, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, fire alarm, fire suppression, masonry, plaster and other skilled trades.
- Perform pre-construction activities for multiple managers and senior supervisors.
- Estimate job requirements including trade(s) required, quantity of time required to complete tasks, equipment required and supplies required.
- Ability to meet with customers to create scope of work which meets user requirements and budget.
- Coordinate and supervise day-to-day efforts of trades on projects. Assess productivity, quality, and efficiency on projects in construction. Assist in resolving problems.
- Manage and coordinate the efforts of supplemental contract help hired to support construction projects.
- Assign and manage work requests and projects.
- Review project budget.
- High School Diploma
- Minimum 2 years of experience in construction
- Proficiency in managing spreadsheets, writing reports and email communications
- Experience with skilled trade workers
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Highly organized
- Strong written, electronic and verbal communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills
- Ability to work accurately
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Ability to maintain organized records (printed and electronic)
- Ability to relate to individuals from diverse ethnic, cultural, and economic backgrounds
- General knowledge of building and life safety codes
- General knowledge of construction safety and MIOSHA rules pertaining to construction
- Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or Architecture
- Knowledge of CMMS software, financial accounting software, Microsoft Office products (or equivalent), Google products, Smart Phone technology, tablet technology and computers
- Experience in managing laboratory construction
- Experience in hospital construction and infection control
- Experience in estimating
- Proactive problem solver; ability to identify and solve issues before they become problems
- Entrepreneurial mind-set
*****This is a two-year limited term position with potential for renewal.*****
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.