How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
This position's purpose is to to facilitate patient flow and ensure an accurate and complete medical record for each patient.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Accompany physician into the patient examination room in order to transcribe a history and physical exam, and document accurately the physician’s encounter with the patient and others present.
- List all proper diagnoses and symptoms as well as follow up instructions and prescriptions as dictated by the physician.
- Transcribe patient orders including laboratory tests, radiology tests, medications, etc.
- Document any procedures performed by the physician.
- Maintain professional appearance and conduct at all times.
- Adhere to employer work practices.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with physicians, staff and managements.
- Effectively cope with typical job stress.
- Document work processes as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Certification/Licensure: Not required.
- Related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Professional demeanor
- Recognition of privacy considerations for patients and families.
- Legible penmanship and ability to accurately record information.
- Recognition of physical exam process and ability to record exam details.
- Computer proficiency and ability to learn new applications quickly.
- Organizational skills with focus on tracking patient care and improving patient flow.
- Understanding of medical terminology is beneficial
This job posting is for a University of Michigan Temporary position. Temporary employment may be full or part time, but in either case is limited in duration. Please review the full posting description for details.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.