How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The Michigan Clinical Research Unit (MCRU) is seeking a candidate to provide general clerical support.
- Responsible for arranging and coordinating the ancillary support services for participant visits.
- Provides customer service to research participants by facilitating business processes including appointment scheduling in MI-CHART and Cadence and MCRU’s own Scheduling Portal, check-in and check-out.
- Prepares all of the protocol specific paperwork associated with clinic appointments.
- Scanning consents into CareWeb and any functions related to appropriate distribution of documentation to Medical Records.
- General Clerical functions including copying, faxing, data entry, and file maintenance.
- High school diploma or an equivalent.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks appropriately is essential.
- Experience working in a fast paced health care setting.
- Knowledge of medical terminology is desirable.
- Ability to work under pressure and deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated skill using computers.
- Excellent customer service skills, interpersonal skills and attendance record.
- Incumbent must be willing to work flexible schedule and at variable locations within MCRU (Domino's Farm and CVC).
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures.
- Experience working with MI-CHART and Cadence, CareWeb.
- Knowledge of research and hospital billing interfaces Team player, professional and positive image, motivated self-starter.
This job posting is for a University of Michigan Temporary position and may be filled at any time during the posting period. Temporary employment may be full or part time, but in either case is limited in duration. This position is limited to 3 months in duration.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.