Clicking "Apply Now" opens the link in a new window.
How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
BASIC FUNCTION AND RESPONSIBILITY
The University of Michigan, School of Nursing (UMSN) Office of Admissions and Records is looking for a temporary office assistant with a positive outlook and flexible attitude to perform a variety of general clerical duties.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• provide general clerical support as assigned for various recruiting, admissions, and student services performed in the Office of Admissions and Records
• office duties may include data entry, photocopying, scanning, stuffing information packets, maintaining supplies inventory, file organizing, and filing.
• assist with event logistics, including setting-up and preparing event spaces, creating registration lists and nametags, and greeting/checking-in visitors
• assist in creating a welcoming, safe, organized, efficient and professional office environment
• High school graduate with a high school diploma
• Experience in an office and/or customer service oriented environment.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products (including MS Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint).
• Must have a professional demeanor and presentation of self.
• Demonstrated excellent customer service skills.
• Must possess a high level of attention to detail.
• Demonstrated initiative and reliability in previous roles.
• Knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
• Ability to be flexible, positive, and work as a part of a team.
• Knowledge of basic clerical procedures.
• Knowledge of computers and relevant software applications.
• Knowledge and understanding of the UM organization, policies and procedures is preferred.
• Ability to serve diverse populations.
Hours: up to 15 hours per week.
Shift/Hours/Days: 2-5 hours per shift, Monday – Friday, 8:00-5:00pm, starting September 2017. Some weekday evening and weekend hours may be required for event assistance.
Supervision is received from the Interim Senior Manager of Admissions & Records.
Work-study very strongly preferred but non-work study may be considered.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.