Pharmacy Technician duties in the inpatient area may include:
- Enter medication orders into patient profiles
- Fill and deliver unit dose carts, make other deliveries
- Assist with use of automated unit dose dispensing machine (RobotRx)
- Prepare sterile products, injections and IV chemotherapy
- Retrieve medication orders from patient units
- Stock medications shelves, return excess stock to inventory
- Fill Omnicell cabinets on nursing units
- Prepare and package non-sterile compounded pharmaceuticals
- Correctly distribute controlled substances
- Prepare and deliver investigational drugs per research protocols
- Resolve billing errors, process billing for medications not dispensed through Worx
- Respond to telephone inquiries
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor to assist with preparation and delivery of patient medications
- Assist with training of staff
- Complete special projects as assigned by supervisor
- ROTATING WEEKENDS AND HOLIDAYS
- High school diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience is necessary.
- Valid Michigan Pharmacy Technician License, verifiable through the State of Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs.
- Ability to perform a wide range of physical activity: lifting, pulling, bending, manual dexterity movements: Ability to follow oral and written instructions, prioritize with accuracy and dependability: Fluency in reading, writing and speaking English. See also: Licensure & Certification.
At least one year technician experience or completion of a Pharmacy Technician training program is highly desirable. Basic algebra also highly desired.
Licensure & Certification
This schedule for this position includes a day and evening shift rotation, working every second weekend (Saturday and Sunday), and holiday coverage.
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Upon applying for this position, you wil be sent an invitation within two business days to complete on online pre-employment assessment. To ensure you receive this invitation, please add "HR-Recruitment@med.umich.edu as a secure sender to your email contacts. Applicants who have completed the assessment will be considered viable candidates for this position. (Please note, if you have already completed the assessment once, you will not be asked to complete it again.)
Salaries for these positions are set via a salary setting model, but offer competitive rates starting at $16.45/hour.
For more information about the Michigan Medicine Department of Pharmacy Services, see our annual report at https://www.medicine.umich.edu/dept/pharmacy/pharmacy-annual-report
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Although the Posting End Date may indicate otherwise, this job may be filled and closed anytime after a posting duration of seven calendar days.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.