- Evaluation of adults (inpatient and outpatient) with communication and swallowing disorders, including specific disorders of voice and laryngeal dysfunction: PVFM, post-laryngectomy, cough and irritable larynx.
- Treatment of adults with communication and swallowing disorders, with specific focus on voice disorders.
- Documentation of clinical findings, adhering to regulatory agency and insurance requirements.
- Education of patients and families regarding communication and swallowing disorders.
- M.A. or M.S. in Speech-Language Pathology
- ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC)
- Eligibility for state of Michigan licensure is necessary
- Progressively complex experience with the assessment and treatment of speech, resonance, voice, laryngeal and swallowing disorders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience with videofluoroscopic evaluation of swallowing is necessary; previous experience with FEES is desirable
- Previous experience with assessment/treatment of patients following head/neck cancer surgery is desirable
- Previous experience with assessment/treatment of patients with voice disorders, including paradoxical vocal fold movement is desirable
This position is 32 hours/week. Days, with some late afternoon hours.
This position has the potential to increase to 40 hours/week.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.