How to Apply
Please apply to this posting and also foward a cover letter describing your specific interests in this position and skills and experiences directly related to this position along with your CV to Dr. Miao-Chia Lo (email@example.com).
We are seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral researcher to join a research team working on autoimmune diseases. The ideal candidate will have a comprehensive understanding of signal transduction combined with practical and technical experience in cell biology and/or immunology. He/she is a hard-working team player with a can-do attitude.
- Actively participate in scientific discussions and contribute to experimental designs.
- Perform hands-on bench work including, but not limited to, mammalian cell culture, virus production and transduction, cloning, qPCR, western blot, ELISA, immunofluorescence, FACS and mouse models.
- Develop cell-based and biochemical assays for characterization of candidate drugs with a variety of readout methods.
- Assess therapeutic efficacy of candidate drugs using in vivo mouse models of autoimmune diseases.
- Analyze and interpret experimental results and present data in group meetings.
- PhD degree (with 0-3 year experience) in cell biology, oncology, immunology or related field.
- Experience in molecular biology, biochemistry and cell biology is essential.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and organization skills.
- Proven track record of success in scientific creativity and independent thinking, including a strong publication record
- A good team player with strong oral and written communication skills.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point; GraphPad or other statistical software.
- Experience in mouse models (autoimmune diseases, transgenic mice).
- Experience in primary cell culture.
- Experience in isolation, culture and functional assays of immune cells.
- Experience in supervising junior researchers.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.