How to Apply
Please apply to this posting and also forward your cover letter describing your specific interests in this position and skills and experiences directly related to this position along with your CV to Dr. Miao-Chia Lo (email@example.com).
We are seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral researcher to join our drug development team. The successful candidate should have extensive knowledge and experience in chemical synthesis with a proven track record in drug discovery. He/she should have strong communication skills with the ability to work in a diverse team environment.
- Design, synthesis, and characterization of small molecule inhibitors.
- SAR optimization of existing drugs currently in development.
- Product isolation and purification operations in the laboratory.
- Knowledge and experience in target validation through biochemical and cell-based assays.
- LC-MS skill, knowledge, and experience for small molecules are preferred.
- PhD degree (with 0-3 year experience) in medicinal chemistry or organic chemistry.
- Highly skilled and independent in research setup, route design and optimization.
- Experience in U/HPLC, NMR and MS and related analytical tools for organic chemistry applications.
- The candidate should be a good team player with strong oral and written communication skills.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.