How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Position Overview: Buddy-to-Buddy provides outreach, support and linkage to resources to veterans in Michigan through trained veteran peers. It is one of the flagship programs under the M-SPAN (Military Support Programs and Networks) umbrella. These programs are dedicated to military mental health, and are housed in the University of Michigan Depression Center.
The Administrative Assistant plays a primary role in answering and triaging calls to the Program 1-800 number from veterans needing assistance, and also provides general administrative support to the Program.
- Answers program 1-800 call-in line and works with program staff to triage and coordinate volunteer referral process
- Processes paperwork for volunteer on-boarding and off-boarding
- Compiles training binders and publicity folders
- Maintains Commonly Used Resources Guide
- Assists program staff with special events
- Tracks program inventory, orders new items as needed
- Coordinates program mailings – birthday cards, get well cards, holiday cards
- Takes and prepares notes for volunteer calls and team meetings
- Assists with procurement process
- Manages program telephone-related accounts
- Tracks and processes volunteer travel
- Handles mailings of materials to volunteers and community agencies
- Prepares required materials for volunteer training
- Assists Program Manager in preparing quarterly reports for funders
- Assists with other duties as requested
- Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a comparable role
- Detail oriented
- Ability to establish rapport and be non-judgmental
- •Excellent written/verbal skills
- Excellent planning, organization and time management skills
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Excel and other Microsoft Office tools
- Ability to multitask and work well under pressure
- Required to be available on-site five days per week, required to be available on-site on Mondays from 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM
- Military Service or Affiliation preferred (Service Members, Reservists, Guardsmen, Veterans, Family Members, etc.)
- Familiarity with U-M procedures (i.e. purchasing and reimbursement) a plus
Monday 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM; Tuesday - Friday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
2025 Traverwood Dr, Suite C, Ann Arbor, MI 48105
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Under Michigan law, a criminal history check including fingerprinting is required as a condition of transfer or employment for this position.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
The University of Michigan participates with the federal E-Verify system. Individuals hired into positions that are funded by a federal contract with the FAR E-Verify clause must have their identity and work eligibility confirmed by the E-Verify system. This position is identified as a position that may include the E-Verify requirement.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.