Provides oversight and maintenance of the operational and personnel activities in the Michigan Medicine Materiel Services Warehouse to ensure consistent, efficient and cost contained services are provided to all internal and external customers.
- Supervise supply chain logistics including inventory control, receiving, put-away, PAR replenishment, and product staging
- Maintain and develop plans to ensure unit supply needs are being met as their needs are constantly changing. Meet routinely with customers to ensure satisfaction and compliance
- Participate in hiring and evaluating/critiquing the performance and proficiencies of staff. Interview, train, coach, and terminate employees. Partner with the appropriate people to ensure all personnel forms are handled including payroll, appointment changes, leaves of absences, staff grievances and discipline.
- Problem solve all complaints from customers.
- Use root cause analysis to problem solve and recommend changes to processes and complete training to prevent re-occurrences.
- Review/records/approves payroll time for employees, directly on electronic timesheet
- Monitors compliance with/on current department and institutional policies and procedures and all government and regulatory agency codes and regulations
- Monitors compliance and trains team members with/on current department and institutional policies and procedures and all government and regulatory agency codes and regulations
- Monitors productivity standards/control systems for responsible processes, interprets this information and exercises action as appropriate to ensure maximum work efficiency; communicates findings, and suggested improvement/resolutions, to manager.
- Assist manager with new work area policies and procedures, develops training materiel and then ensures training is completed, incorporating P.D.C.A. quality improvement method and LEAN principles, along with safety compliance.
- Maintains appropriate supplies and tools necessary for process team members to provide services.
- Collaborates interdepartmentally with customers and suppliers, to resolve service problems.
- Maintains a professional customer sensitive rapport with hospital personnel, along with patients and visitors.
- Handles employees’ complaints
- Assist with interviewing and hiring new employees and ensure training and performance measures are met; provide manager with information when necessary.
- Participates in the development and preparation of new and existing program proposals, and various reports
- Assists Manager in development, implementation, and communication of projects.
- Provides technical assistance and/ or training in specific area of expertise both within and outside the Michigan Medicine
- Participates, leads and facilitates committees/teams
- Participates in product evaluations of medical equipment and supplies and provides advice and opinions relative to their purchase.
- Provide customer survey data to manager
- Assist manager to remain within operating budget.
- Performs other related duties as specified and assigned.
- 1-3 or more years of experience leading /supervising with a proven record of progressive increased responsibility, solving more routine problems, leading shift or areas specific teams and working on simple projects OR 7 or more years working in a warehouse / inventory teams.
Examples of Material Warehouse / Inventory teams are:
- Shipping and Receiving
- Day Shift Warehouse operations and PAR stocking
- PAR Maintenance
- Specialty Cart Stocking
- Customer Service
- Midnight Receiving
- Off Shift Warehouse operations and PAR stocking
- OR similar areas in another warehouse or inventory management setting
- Must be able to demonstrate a record of increased responsibility, solving routine problems, leading a shift or area specific team(s) and working on simple projects alone and in teams.
- Experience with hiring training, disciplining and/or terminating subordinate team members.
- 1 year or more of progressive experience related to daily operations for a Material Warehouse and/or Inventory Management team.
Examples of such functions are:
- Conducting physical inventories daily
- Completing cycle counts as needed
- Making adjustments in the Warehouse Management System (WMS) and fixing the root causes of inventory inaccuracies
- Managing the supply, storage, distribution and recording of all materials to maintain adequate quantities to supplies needed to provide high quality patient care
- Proficient computer (type 30+ word a minute) able to communicate clearly and professionally in person, on the phone and in email.
- Experience is preferred in Health Care Inventory Management
Work Hours: 10:30 PM - 7:00 AM
Work Days/Hours: Monday 10:30 PM thru Saturday 7:00 AM
Supervision is received from the Materiel Services Inventory Control Manager.
Functional Supervision: Has the authority to work as group leader, assist in the training of new staff members, communicate instructions, maintain employee records, and assign work to others.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.