The University of Michigan North Campus Children's Center has an opening for the position of Associate Teacher.
Duties will include:
- Provide developmentally appropriate early learning experiences and care for infants, toddlers, and preschoolers utilizing emergent curriculum and responsive care inspired by the Reggio Emilia philosophy
- Effectively manage groups of young children within state required ratios to ensure a safe and supportive environment
- Collaborate and co-participate with children, families, and colleagues to cultivate an environment of respectful and meaningful relationships
- Utilize technology to effectively document and reflect on the experiences of children for the purpose of assessment, planning, and family engagement
- Engage in respectful and meaningful dialogue with families and colleagues on a daily basis
- Participate fully and willingly in weekly team meetings, reflective consultation, dialogue groups, and ongoing study and professional development
- Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education or Child Development or an equivalent combination of education and experience is necessary.
- Ability to move, hold and position oneself when interacting with children and objects up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to occasionally access/use equipment in classroom facilities. Must be able to interact and move around with children in such a way as to fully participate in classroom activities.
- Ability to supervise and interact with children outdoors for extended periods of varied weather conditions.
- Proficiency in the area of adapting the environment and activities to meet the needs of all children
- Strength in creating partnerships with children, families and colleagues
- Experience designing curriculum responsive to children’s emerging interests and/or familiarity with emergent curriculum and Reggio practice
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.