If you are interested in joining a team that are the leaders in providing the best financial services to the faculty, staff, students and alumni of the University of Michigan and the community, then the University of Michigan Credit Union (UMCU) is the place for you.
Our Branch Operations team is currently searching for bright, professional and friendly service minded individuals to join our team!
Does the idea of working with an organization that gives back to the community sound exciting to you? Do you like to have fun while working hard and developing your knowledge? Then consider joining team UMCU as a Member Service Representative! We are looking for a number of students to start with us in mid-late May and work for us full-time over the summer. We also have potential opportunity to stay on-board during the semester and we'll work around your schedule!
What you'll be doing in this role:
- Provide first-class service to our members
- Maintain a cash drawer, count money and prepare your drawer for balancing
- Process all monetary transactions for members including; deposits, withdrawals, loan transactions and update member information
- Handle all member requests and advise members on services offered by the credit union
- Respond to member questions regarding credit union policies and procedures
- Attend UMCU sponsored events both on and off campus
Learn more about this fantastic opportunity by visiting our careers page at https://www.umcu.org/Careers_108.html.
To be considered for this position, applicants must be a University of Michigan-Flint student.
What you need for this role:
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Math and general clerical skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent attention to detail even in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work some Saturdays is required
- Reliable transportation to commute between our 3 Flint area branch locations
What's in it for you?
- You'll gain hands-on experience, adding to your skillsets and building your resume
- Learn in a positive and upbeat work environment
- Maize and Blue logo wear!
- Opportunity to give back to the local community
Employees hired for this position are NOT University of Michigan-Flint employees.
Candidates will be selected and hired by University of Michigan Credit Union. All selected candidates will be required to follow the employment process deemed necessary by the University of Michigan Credit Union.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.