The Pediatric Specialty Ambulatory Care Unit (ACU) is the clinical home for children and families seeking care across multiple pediatric subspecialties at C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital. The primary mission of the ACU is to partner with our doctors, nurses and other providers to deliver excellent care and customer service. We are seeking a compassionate, enthusiastic, and self-driven Administrative Assistant to provide operational support to the Administrative Manager of the ACU. This individual will share our priorities which include: high quality medical care, excellent customer service, safety of staff and patients, efficiency, employee satisfaction, stewardship of resources and the ideal experience for our patients, families and employees.
Under the supervision of the Administrative Manager:
Administrative support – Payroll, calendar management, meetings and room scheduling, shared drive maintenance, troubleshoot various system issues.
Reports – Process Concur, expense reports and journal entry, Review and call attention to provider open encounters list, EMR reporting workbench (create, run and maintain reports in collaboration with manager, assist manager with incident reports, progress reports, and other required deliverables.
Supply management - Supply inventory & order lab equipment, place orders through Marketsite, review delivery packing slips to ensure accuracy, review statement of accounts against supply orders.
HR and physical space - Assist manager with HR related duties, participates in Lean & safety huddles, assist with staff on-boarding, orientation, employee access and equipment needs in ACUs, manage phone calls and routes appropriately, assist managers in review of the safety of the physical space, supporting staff with UMHS safety policies and procedures.
Miscellaneous - Other duties as assigned by administrative manager and assistant manager
- High School diploma or equivalent and two to four years of experience required for the intermediate level
- High School diploma or equivalent and less than two years of experience required for the associate level
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software, as well as other database, e-mail and calendar-keeping software
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to successfully work with all levels of faculty and staff
- Must possess demonstrated ability to take initiative, work independently, prioritize, manage multiple assignments, and follow through on job responsibilities
- Demonstrates ability to collaborate with others in a team environment, display leadership through problem solving and the initiative to advance knowledge
- Team oriented individual
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Healthcare Administration
- Strong office computing experience required; advanced skills with Microsoft Office applications highly desired
- 3-5 years of progressively responsible administrative experience
- Experience with MiChart (Cadence & Reporting Workbench), M-Pathways, Wolverine, Procurement/Concur
- Considerable knowledge of University policies and procedures related to the responsibility of this job.
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.