How to Apply
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended.
A cover letter is required for consideration of this position and is to be attached as the first page of your resume. Please address, in your cover letter, your specific interest in this position, and outline the skills and experience you have that directly relate to this position.
Please visit http://www.nursing.umich.edu/ for more information about the School of Nursing.
The University of Michigan, School of Nursing (UMSN), Office of the Dean and the School of Nursing Faculty Support Services office are looking for an Administrative Coordinator/Project Coordinator to provide high-level support to members of the Dean’s Office including the Assistant Dean for Administration, the Senior Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, and Faculty Support Services office.
- Provide broad and varied support for projects and coordination of activities of the Office of the Dean and the Faculty Support Services Team in the School of Nursing. Assist with a variety of projects including gathering and organizing information and data utilizing various tools including Qualtrics and Survey Monkey. Present information in various formats including spreadsheets, charts, tables, and timelines. Develop and create reports and presentations.
- Act as integral member of the Dean’s Office team, assisting as needed while demonstrating flexibility and the ability to manage multiple and competing deadlines. Provide support to the Assistant Dean for Administration with projects and calendar management. Serve as back-up for the Dean’s Office reception as well as calendar scheduling for the Dean. Handle confidential materials with discretion and solid judgment.
- Provide support to the School of Nursing Senior Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion including coordination of DEI events and activities. Gather and organize information and data for reporting purposes. Develop and prepare reports as needed. Plan and coordinate events. Arrange for catering, coordinate publicity with Office of Marketing and Communications staff, reserve rooms, prepare and distribute materials, communicate with presenters and guests, arrange travel, and provide on-site support (at times outside of standard business hours). Schedule meetings and provide calendar support for the Senior Director.
- Assist with special projects such as requesting and compiling information from faculty and staff, assisting with preparation and submission of nominations coordinated by the Dean’s Office, tracking various project activities and progress, preparing process maps and diagrams. Assist with design and maintenance of School-wide information on shared network drives and Canvas sites.
- Provide assistance with activities of various School committees and to the Dean. Prepare agendas, organize information and materials working closely with faculty leaders, coordinate meeting scheduling, attend meetings, take minutes, and provide assistance and follow-up as needed throughout the process.
- Reconcile P-card expenses, gathering required information and ensuring that receipts are in order and accounted for appropriately.
Supervision is received from the Senior Project Specialist.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed and are not an exhaustive list of all associated responsibilities.
- A bachelor’s degree required; four (4) or more years of relevant administrative/project coordination work experience, preferably in higher education necessary.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office (including MS Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint) and other databases. Calendar-keeping software such as Outlook preferred. Experience with Qualtrics, Canvas, and process mapping desired.
- Experience creating complex spreadsheets, tracking deadlines, and preparing materials for presentation and distribution.
- Excellent oral and demonstrated written communication skills including strong proofing/editing skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, strong interpersonal skills, and organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain highly confidential information and use excellent judgment on a variety of sensitive subjects.
- Demonstrated customer service skills and ability to professionally represent the Dean’s Office.
- Dependability, with the ability to meet deadlines and complete work in a timely fashion.
- Strong ability to promote the goals of the School.
- Ability to serve diverse populations.
- Must have excellent judgment, be flexible and adaptable, and enjoy working in a fast-paced operation.
- Ability to work independently as well as effectively in teams; commitment to teamwork concept and willingness to contribute to a positive workplace environment.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.