We the staff and faculty of the Frankel Cardiovascular Center (FCVC) team, are committed to advancing medicine and serving humanity through living and teaching our core values of Respect and Compassion; Collaboration; Innovation; and Commitment to Excellence.
Each FCVC employee is expected to understand and demonstrate that in every interacton we represent our entire organization in the care we provide and in the courtesies we extend to patients, families,and each respective team member. The FCVC is dedcated to partnerng with patients and families to deliver the safest and highest quality of health care.
- Coordnate provider clinic schedules, patient and procedural scheduling for all patients referred to the Transcather Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR) Program.
- Opening and closing schedules, coordinating new patient referrals, rescheduling patients according to Ambulatory Care Operating Principles.
- Complex management of diagnostic testing and pre-post procedure scheduling, as well as coordination with clinical research trial requirements.
- Provide expert skill at clinic scheduling/grid management and adherence to standard work procedures, including thorough documentaton standards.
- Anticipate and problem solve issues with clinic and ancillary testing schedules.
- Serve as a role model for service excellence and FCVC core values.
- Manage daily work queues.
- Manage phone calls from internal and external customers related to surgery.
- Staff members in this classification are expected to exercise judgement in identifying problems, seeking and implementing solutions.
High School diploma or an equivalent combination of education and 3 years of experience is necessary. This position requires excellent customer service skills and attention to detail. Energetic individual, motivated with a positive and professional attitude. Must be a team player with ability to take direction and communicate with peers and patients courteously and respectfully at all times. Ability to mulit-task and work in a high volume area is necessary. Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills. Must be very comfortable working with computers and have a general knowledge of clinical office practices. Requires flexibility in all aspects of work assignments. Previous experience in a multidisciplinary outpatient clinical setting.
Knowledge of MiChart (EPIC-Cadence) and ORMIS scheduling; demonstrated proficiency with MiChart, Careweb, Microsoft Outlook, and ability to navigate between systems. Previous experience in an academic medical center and/or procedure area. Previous experience using ME and My Docs (MMD) software to request and upload medical records.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contigent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical componets; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.