How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Basic Function and Responsibility:
• To supervise and coordinate the operations, financial activities, and personnel management for the hearing aid program across Michigan Medicine clinics
• To facilitate the technical work that supports hearing aid operations across Michigan Medicine clinics
• Participate in/lead strategic and marketing planning for the hearing aid program
• Partner with Audiology and ACU Leadership across Michigan Medicine clinics
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supervise and support hearing aid technical work for clinic operations related to hearing aid dispensing across sites
• Provide leadership and direct supervision to hearing aid technicians
• Utilize lean methodologies when changing and implementing process improvements
• Provide in-service training, onboarding, orientation and mentorship to technicians in conjunction with audiology
• Develop standard workflow processes and protocols for hearing aid services in conjunction with audiology and clinic operations
• Have a comprehensive understanding about billing and insurance processes
• Understand individual patient billing and self-pay processes
• Perform billing reconciliation functions for the hearing aid program
• Develop and maintain working relationships with vendors and contractors
• Develop and maintain metrics needed to make business decisions and track the program
• Perform cost analyses related to hearing aid dispensing
• Participate in/lead special projects or tasks as applicable
• Supervision received by the Otolaryngology’s Operations Manager
• The incumbent will supervise the professional practice of the Hearing Aid Technicians across Michigan Medicine clinics
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• Ability to supervise staff and to serve as a leader and positive role model
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with a strong customer focus and an ability to interact with a wide variety of individuals in a professional manner.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a part of a collaborative group with a commitment to team building and support.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize, complete tasks in a timely manner, and work under pressure
• Strong computer skills and familiarity with computer applications, including Microsoft Office
• Ability to lead large group meetings in a professional and productive manner
• Ability to respond to patient concerns and feedback in a productive manner
• Ability to develop standardized work/protocols
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks appropriately
• Ability to problem-solve proactively and address issues when they arise
• Excellent attendance
• Demonstrated commitment to process improvement
• Relevant experience in healthcare and/or hearing aid operations
• Experience with databases / tracking mechanisms
• Experience with electronic medical records
• Familiarity with Noah programming software
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.