How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Speech-Language Pathologist: Evaluation and treatment of children with speech, language, cognitive-communicative, feeding and swallowing delay and disorder. Education of patients and families regarding communication and swallowing disorders. Documentation of clinical findings, adhering to regulatory agency and insurance requirements.
- Evaluation of children with communication and swallowing disorders
- Treatment of children with communication and swallowing disorders
- Education of patients and families regarding communication and swallowing disorders
- Documentation of clinical findings, adhering to regulatory agency and insurance requirements
- M.A. or M.S. In Speech-Language Pathology
- Eligibility for State of Michigan licensure
- Previous experience with assessment/treatment of children with complex communication and/or swallowing disorders
- Interest in autism
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to work effectively with medical and allied health professionals within an interdisciplinary team
Progressive experience in the assessment and treatment of children with communication and feeding/swallowing problems. Interest in autism assessment and treatment protocols.
Monday-Friday: with 1 longer and 1 shorter day
Pediatric Rehabilitation Center-Commonwealth
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.